- Master Calendar
- Annual Gala
- Community-Wide Food Drives
- Back to School Backpacks
- Thanksgiving Baskets
- Adopt-a-Family Program
- I Heart OC
- Community Resource Fair
Each September, Families Forward hosts its annual fundraising gala! You can help support our vital mission to prevent and reduce homelessness in Orange County.
At our 2016 gala, Families Forward was delighted to recognize Tracie McCloskey, our 2016 Partner in Hope Honoree, and Brookfield Residential, our 2016 Spirit of Community Honoree. Click on their names to learn more about their incredible work to help homeless families find a way home.
Thank you for joining us at our 32nd Anniversary Gala, celebrating “An Evening of Hope”. Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors and attendees, Families Forward was able to raise more than $465,000 to help local families in crisis find safety and stability! Click here to read more, or click here to see our coverage in the Orange County Business Journal.
Community-Wide Food Drives
Families Forward hosts three Community-Wide Food Drives each year during Spring, Summer, and Fall.
Upcoming Community-Wide Food Drive: Saturday, March 11, 2017 and Sunday, March 12, 2017. Click here for a list of participating stores!
Families need food all year long – but often during the year, our food donations dwindle and our pantry shelves can be nearly empty. To prepare for these slower times, Families Forward partners with local grocery stores and community groups for one weekend in the Spring, Summer, and Fall to collect food donations to be able serve hungry families every month of the year.
Volunteer groups are needed at the grocery stores to ask shoppers to purchase additional food items and to bring all collected food donations back to the Food Pantry. Volunteers are also needed to help unload cars and help stock our shelves.
Back to School Backpacks
Back to School Backpacks and Children’s Clothing – July & August
Do you remember that end-of-summer feeling with “Back to School” signs on every store window? Having those new supplies in your hand on the first day made it fun to go back.
We invite the community to come together and give every student that same opportunity by participating in our Back to School Backpacks program. Grade-appropriate school supplies and backpacks will be distributed to low-income elementary, middle, and high school students in August. These supplies will help them start on the same foot as their peers and build their confidence for the coming school year. We also collect new and like-new clothing and shoes for school-age children. Families in our Back to School Program will select school clothing that fits their child’s needs.
Click here to read more and see our list of needed school and clothing items. And click here to learn more about our new haircuts component for Back to School!
Thanksgiving Baskets – November
Each year, Families Forward holds a Thanksgiving-themed grocery distribution for local families in need. The weekend before Thanksgiving, these families come to our program center to receive all of the traditional Thanksgiving fixings to cook a warm, delicious holiday meal. While parents pick up their baskets, their children participate in fun-filled activities such as face painting and arts & crafts.
In 2015, staff, joined by board members and over 250 spirited volunteers, all participated to help make the day special. With everyone’s help, we were able to provide nearly 900 families with a special holiday meal to share with their loved ones.
Thank you for your support in 2016! The sign-up form for becoming a Thanksgiving donor will be available again in October 2017.
Adopt-a-Family – December
Holidays can be a very stressful time for families who struggle to make ends meet. Imagine passing by all the new shiny toys, your child’s eyes aglow, realizing that you can’t afford to give them a special holiday gift.
The Adopt-a-Family Program gives individuals, companies and community organizations the opportunity to spread warmth and bring holiday joy to families in need. Last year, we provided holiday cheer to more than 800 struggling families, providing gifts for more than 2,000 children.
Donations are accepted from the beginning of November through early December, so the children’s “wish lists” can be filled. We ask that holiday gifts are delivered to Families Forward as early in December as possible. We cannot guarantee that gifts received after December 16th will go out to families in time for the holidays. In order to participate in this program, you must be able to deliver donations to our office in Irvine. We are unable to arrange a pick up for any holiday donations.
Thank you for your support in 2016! The sign-up form for becoming an Adopt-a-Family donor will be available again in October 2017.
At this time, if you would like to support our Adopt-a-Family Program, we will be accepting gift cards that will be distributed to the children and their families until Friday, December 23, 2016.
I Heart OC
A “Giving Day” to benefit Families Forward and the families we serve.
Each April, the Orange County Community Foundation hosts i♥oc, an annual “Giving Day” is to inspire everyone in Orange County to come together in support of the exemplary work of local nonprofits. During the first ever i♥oc in 2015, the community raised more than $1,8000,000 for 347 participating nonprofits, including Families Forward.
Please join us in 2016 as we celebrate another unified day of giving!
When: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 from 6:00 a.m. until Thursday April 28 at noon.
What: Donate to Families Forward with a credit card one day only at www.iheartoc.org.
Why: Families Forward could earn as much as a 20% bonus on every donation.
Why: To support our mission. More families need our assistance than we can help every month of the year. Your additional support will be very meaningful during this campaign.
How much: Gifts of at least $25 and up to $10,000 qualify to receive bonus funds.
Questions: Please contact Kim Strohm at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Annual Community Resource Fair
April 29, 2017 at Irvine Valley College
Admission is Free!
Each Spring, Families Forward organizes a Community Resource Fair that includes over 70 local organizations providing free services and resources!
- Free Mobile Medical Clinic
- Free Dental Clinic
- Free Consultations: Career, Financial, Legal, Housing, Medical, Social Services, Parenting Advice
- Free Health Screenings: Blood Pressure, BMI Testing, Dental Screening, Disaster Preparedness, Glucose Testing
- Free Haircuts for All (While Available)
- Free Groceries (While Supplies Last)
- Food Stamps & Health Insurance Enrollment (Medi-Cal, Covered California – For Social Service enrollments, please bring driver’s license, social security card, verification of all income, property & citizenship)
For more information on the event, please click here.
The participating agencies for the 2017 include:
- 2-1-1 Orange County
- Access California Services
- Assurance Wireless
- Assistance League of Irvine
- Boys Town California
- Child Behavior Pathways
- Child Guidance Center
- Child Guidance Center – Strong Families Strong Children
- City of Irvine, Community Services
- Community Action Partnership of Orange County
- Corbin Family Resource Center
- Delhi Center
- Family Support Network
- Laura’s House
- Lutheran Social Services
- OMID Multicultural Institute for Development
- Orange County Asian and Pacific Islander Community Alliance (Orange County APICA)
- Orange County Department of Child Support Services
- Pathways of Hope
- Pretend City Children’s Museum
- Project Hope Alliance
- Rainbow Rising Child Development Center
- The Raise Foundation
- Regional Center of Orange County / Comfort Connection
- Family Resource Center
- Safe Families for Children
- The Salvation Army of Orange County
- Serving People in Need (SPIN)
- South County Outreach
- Western Youth Services
- Women’s Transitional Living Center, Inc.
Financial & Legal
- Abrazar Inc.
- Consumer Credit Counseling Services
- Legal Aid Society of Orange County
- Orange County Bar Association Lawyer Referral and Information Service
Career & Education
- Irvine Unified School District – Early Childhood Learning Center
- Irvine Valley College
- Orange County One-Stop Center
- Orange County Public Libraries
- Read/Orange County
- Santiago Community College – Division of Continuing Education
- School Readiness, Orange County Child Abuse Prevention Center
- Taller San Jose Hope Builders
- THINK Together
- Youth Empowerment Service (YES)
Health & Safety
- Alzheimer’s Orange County
- America On Track
- Central City Community Health Center
- The Coalition of Orange County Community Health Centers
- Community Health Initiative of Orange County
- Council on Aging – Southern California
- Greater Orange County CHADD on ADHD
- Healthy Smiles for Kids of Orange County
- Hurtt Family Health Clinic
- Orange County Fire Authority
- Orange County Health Care Agency – Behavioral Health Services
- Orange County Health Care Agency – Family Health Division/Immunization Program
- Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties (PPOSBC)
- University of California, Irvine – Program in Nursing Science
- WIC – Camino Health Center
- Woodbridge Walk-In Urgent Care
- Affordable Housing Clearinghouse
- Fair Housing Council of Orange County
- Fair Housing Foundation
- Families Forward
- Family Promise of Orange County
- Illumination Foundation
- Mercy House
For more information please contact Families Forward at email@example.com.