1. I would like to be a volunteer at Families Forward. What do I have to do to get started?
Please fill out an online Volunteer Interest Form. After reviewing your application, we will contact you and schedule a time for your volunteer orientation.
2. Does Families Forward offer an internship program?
Yes, we offer unpaid internships to students and we will accommodate your university's internship requirements. Please contact us at (949) 552-2727 for more information about internships or email email@example.com.
3. Are the hours for internships and volunteer work flexible around my schedule?
Families Forward will happily accommodate your personal and school schedule.
4. Does working at Families Forward satisfy my required community service hours?
Yes, and please contact us at (949) 552-2727 to complete the paperwork for your community service. It it's court-ordered, please call OneOC at (714) 953-5757.
5. What volunteer opportunities are most available?
Typical volunteer jobs may include:
- Office assistance
- Food pantry volunteer
- Food drive volunteer
- Food drive pick-up
- Furniture donation pick-up
Families Forward also has a great need for volunteers during the holiday season and for special events throughout the year.
6. As a volunteer or an intern, will I get to work directly with client families?
Because of our confidentiality policies, volunteers and interns will have minimal contact with clients, which may include greeting them at the front desk and in the food pantry, and speaking with them over the phone. Occasional volunteer opportunities may allow you to take care of clients' children during counseling sessions.