We offer food assistance Monday-Thursday, 10am-2pm. Families may receive food once a week, and diapers, once a month. No appointment is needed, but you must be registered to receive food.
Do You Need Food?
Food assistance, in the form of nonperishable items such as canned goods, rice and pasta, is available to single individuals, couples, and families residing in Orange County. When available, perishable items are offered. Essential infant supplies such as baby food and diapers may also be provided when available.
To qualify, you must live in Orange County, provide Photo ID and register to participate. We are part of a network of food providers and do our best to stay current with all the food resources in Orange County. To meet your needs, we may refer you to another provider that is closer to your residence.
How to Apply
Register by completing the online registration form, found here: Food Pantry Registration Form. OR you may call and register over the phone by calling (949) 552-2727 Monday – Thursday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm; 9:00 am – 1:00 pm on Fridays. We are closed Saturday and Sunday.
What Happens Next
Please register in advance if possible; however, you can register in person if needed. Our registration process takes about 10 minutes. At this time, you can pick up food once a week, Monday-Thursday, 10am-2pm.
Upon your arrival for food pick-up:
- You will provide Photo ID
- We will verify you are registered. If needed, you can register upon arrival.
- Present Letter of Consent, if applicable (if you will be having someone else pick up food for you)
Please see the Food Pantry Policy for more details.
Food Pantry FAQs
1. When is the Food Pantry available? At this time, you can pick up food once per week, Monday-Thursday, 10am-2pm.
2. What is the process for picking up food? You need to be registered and provide Photo ID upon arrival. When you arrive at 8 Thomas in Irvine, signs will direct you where to park for food pick-up.
3. Am I allowed to “shop” the Food Pantry? Due to safety reasons, clients are not permitted in the food pantry.
4. How often can I visit the Food Pantry? At this time, you may pick up food once per week.
5. What areas do you serve? We serve all cities in Orange County.