How to Get Started
Who can volunteer?
- Almost anyone can volunteer at Families Forward! We welcome individuals, families, student groups, faith groups, community groups, corporate groups, and others.
- For safety reasons, the minimum age for on-site volunteering at the Families Forward Program Center is 10 years old. There are other ways which younger volunteers can contribute with projects at home, school, or in the community. Call us to find the best fit for you and your children.
When do you need volunteers?
- Most volunteer opportunities take place during regular business hours (Monday – Thursday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm and Friday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm). Although there are occasional weekend and evening volunteer opportunities, especially during the holiday season.
- We have three main types of volunteer opportunities:
- Weekly volunteers in assigned positions in areas such as the front desk, food pantry, or computer lab.
- Seasonal volunteers for our annual service programs such as Back-to-School Program, Thanksgiving Baskets, and Adopt-a-Family.
- Special event volunteers for activities like the Families Forward Community-Wide Food Drives, Toy Drives, Community Resource Fair, and Annual Gala.
- Click here for an informational flyer about our volunteer opportunities.
How do I get started?
- If you are interested in volunteering, please complete our online Volunteer Interest Form. After reviewing your information, we will contact you to discuss volunteer opportunities and invite you to attend a New Volunteer Orientation. Orientations take place monthly based on new volunteer interest.
What if I still have questions?
- Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) tab or contact our Volunteer Manager at (949) 716-2731.