Families Forward is happy to announce the upcoming availability of eight affordable housing program opportunities in the city of Costa Mesa, CA. Households must qualify per Families Forward’s Affordable Housing screening criteria including, but not limited to, income, credit, household size, occupancy and previous rental history. Units are income restricted at Very Low Income (50% AMI) adjusted for household size, with a priority for Costa Mesa connected household with live, work, or school ties, as permissible by law.
How to Apply
Per Families Forward’s eligibility criteria, to be considered for tenancy, households must adhere to Families Forward’s lease expectations and program guidelines. The opportunity to apply does not guarantee tenancy.
There will be no Families Forward waitlist. In the future, once a unit becomes vacant, the opportunity to apply will be on a first come first serve basis.
The following criteria must be met to be considered for the housing opportunity:
- Household must be experiencing literal homelessness or at immediate-risk of homelessness, be connected through the Family Coordinated Entry System and be connected to a Housing Service Provider.
- Household must have at least one (1) minor age child
- Priority shall be given to prospective tenants with direct ties to the City of Costa Mesa including persons who currently reside in Costa Mesa, currently work in Costa Mesa, or have minor dependent children enrolled in schools in Costa Mesa.
- Households must be able to qualify per Families Forward income, occupancy guidelines, and screening criteria which may include background check for criminal records and eviction history.
- In addition, please see the maximum occupancy guidelines below, per the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), for occupancy restrictions.
|BEDROOM SIZE||MINIMUM PERSONS||MAXIMUM PERSONS|
All housing advertised herein is subject to the Federal Fair Housing Act, which makes it illegal to advertise “any preference, limitation, or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or intention to make such preference, limitation or discrimination.” We will not knowingly accept or permit any advertisement for housing that is in violation of the law. All persons are hereby informed that all dwellings advertised are available on an equal opportunity basis.
Families Forward will process interest forms in the order received. This is not an application to rent, nor does completion of this form guarantee tenancy.
To be considered, submit your interest form HERE by 1:00pm on Friday, December 2nd, 2022.